Disaster Legal Helpline

1800 113 432


Get Help: Top Image

CFA compensation scheme

CFA compensation scheme

The Country Fire Authority (CFA) operates two compensation schemes, one covering volunteers and one for paid workers. The information provided on this page relates to CFA volunteers.

The CFA Volunteer Compensation Scheme is established under the Country Fire Authority Act 1958. You may be able to get compensation if you got a recognised work-related personal injury or illness as a result of your service as a CFA volunteer.

The scheme covers loss of earnings and medical costs.

For more information, contact the CFA Headquarters on (03) 9262 8444 or visit their website.