The Victorian bushfires have been devastating. If you have been directly impacted, we have lawyers available over the coming weeks and months to help you work through legal issues and get back on your feet.
If you have a bushfire-related legal question or issue, you can visit our lawyers at:
- Bairnsdale Bushfire Recovery Centre, 24 Service Street, Bairnsdale
- Upper Murray Community Recovery Hub, Cnr Donaldson Street and Towong Road, Corryong.
We can help with bushfire-related issues such as:
- Making an insurance claim or dealing with a rejected insurance claim
- Difficulty paying your mortgage, rent, bills or loans
- Disputes with your landlord about rent, lease or damaged property
- Lost or destroyed documents, including Wills, land titles and identification documents
- Property or assets that have been damaged or destroyed
- Difficulty getting payments from Centrelink
- Family law issues (eg custody and parenting arrangements)
- Family violence.
Availability in Bairnsdale this week
Availability in Corryong this week
More i nformation
We are here to help all Victorians who need legal help as a result of the fires. We recognise that for many Victorians who have been affected by the fires, it will not be possible to attend the Bairnsdale or Corryong recovery centres. If so, please call us on 1800 113 432, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm for free legal information, advice and referrals.
Reviewed 01 December 2021