If you have been affected by the recent fires in the Grampians and storms across Victoria,
we can help.

Support for people affected by floods in Victoria

If you have been affected by recent flooding in Victoria, here's how to get help.

If you have legal issues because of flooding, including help with tenancy, insurance or property damage, parenting arrangement or bail, we can give you free information and advice or help you find a lawyer. Call 1800 113 432, weekdays 8 am to 6 pm.

We also have legal information on our website, including how to make an insurance claim after a flood or a storm.

Help in your language

Arabic / عربي

Chinese (simplified) /简体中文

Chinese (tradtional) /繁體中文

Dari / دری


Italian / Italiano

Karen / ကညီ



Vietnamese / Tiếng Việt

Emergency relief centres

For the location and opening hours of relief centres, visit the Vic Emergency website.

Support for tenants

If you are a tenant and have been given a notice of eviction, call Tenants Victoria's Floods priority line on (03) 9411 1444. Calls are answered by lawyers, advocates and intake workers with specialist knowledge of Victorian rental laws. More information is available on the Tenants Victoria website.

Financial support

The Personal Hardship Assistance Program helps people experiencing financial hardship in emergencies.

Lost documents

For support if you have lost identity documents such as birth, death or marriage certificates because of the floods, visit the Births deaths and marriages Victoria website.

Returning home after a flood

For information about returning home after a flood, including information in your language, visit the Vic Emergency website.