Disaster Legal Help Victoria

Disasters can damage powerlines and cause power outages. Energy Safe Victoria recommends treating all fallen powerlines as live and staying more than 8–10 metres away from them and anything they are touching.

In the event of a power outage, contact your electricity provider. To report a fallen powerline, you can contact your electricity provider or the police.

Where to get help

For legal information and referrals, call Disaster Legal Help Victoria on 1800 113 432 (Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm). You can also contact your closest community legal centreExternal Link to get advice from a local lawyer.

For more support options, see Other organisations that can helpExternal Link or find Other ways to contact usExternal Link .

Reviewed 16 November 2023